Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Milk Chocolate & Intercourse

   We had a fantastic week! Hudson turned three and we had the very first, of I hope many visitors from Utah. Gram Wendy came to be with us for Hudson's birthday.  Since she had never been to Pennsylvania before, we tried to see some of the sights the state is known for.  Two of which were, Hershey's Chocolate World and Intercourse PA, one of the most famous Amish townships in the state. I had fun thinking of a few inappropriate jokes to go along with what I could promise any visitors from the west, but decided I would only end up embarrassed, so I will let you do that for yourself!
Who wouldn't love a place called Chocolate World?!
Everywhere we went some one was giving us chocolate.
 I will admit I was not feeling too well by the time we left!
Which one is sweeter?
We took a fun trolley tour ride through the town of Hershey and learned all about the great man who
 invented magical milk chocolate!  The street lights are even in the shape of  Hershey kisses. 
Ellie looked so cute being a big girl sitting on the seat all by herself.







The kids loved this ride! They sat entranced as they were serenaded by singing cows and taught about
 the milk chocolate process.
Actually, Hudson has asked me everyday since to take him back to Chocolate World!
I think the biggest factor in his new love for Hershey PA isn't just the singing cows, it  is all the free chocolate!


 In Amish Country...
We did not purchase a tee shirt! But, we did laugh about all the people we would love to send one too!
Ha Ha



We enjoyed an Amish buggy ride through the country.  Of coarse Ellie loved the horses! I thought their way of life was so fascinating! I was actually a little jealous. It honestly appeals to me. The driver took us to farm where a girl was selling lemonade and :"whoopee" Pies. More inappropriate jokes come to mind.








  We really enjoyed having Gram Wendy come visit. We especially enjoyed having someone entertain our kids for us!  Thanks for making the trip out to see us! We love PA but we do miss our families, Hudson especially.  He talks about when he is going to see everyone almost everyday.  Hopefully we will get some more visitors.  We would love to show anyone the sights. With this kind of excitement, who wouldn't want to come!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment