Monday, November 8, 2010

Its fun to go to the YMCA

   This week I decided to broaden my horizons a bit by taking up a new hobby.  Three days a week I wake up at five thirty A.M. to spend about an hour recreating with some sweet senior citizen women from our community. Now, before you start thinking that I'm some sweet "good doer", let me explain. 
   We recently joined the local YMCA near our home.  Along with our membership they offer a wide variety of classes. I signed Hudson up for a Gymnastics and swimming class, and he is loving it! He is the youngest kid in the class and it is truly hilarious to watch him participate. He definitely wins the prize for the most enthusiasm.  I'm sure every kid and observing mother knows his name already due to the fact that his teachers are constantly saying it, in a effort to keep him on task. He is such a funny guy!
    As for myself, I signed up for a class called cardio dance, thinking it would be a fun way to get some exercise.  When I showed up for the first class I found that I was about two generations younger then all of my classmates.  I stood there worried that I had made the mistake of signing up for a class that was going to be well below even my low level of fitness.  Imagine my surprise when hip hop music started blasting through the gym speakers.  We immediately dove right into the first of a dozen choreographed dances set to modern music. So, imagine me dancing with a dozen women the age of my grandmother to hip hop music. Now imagine that I am the one who is red faced and stumbling over my own feet, because although I'm ashamed to admit it, that is the reality. The old gals can really move! They are really sweet and even take time to offer me tips and bits of encouragement like, "your doing great honey, don't worry you'll figure it out."  The grandmas have to encourage me!!! It is a lot of fun, challenging, and very humbling!







Aside from the YMCA, the kids have been really happy and good.  We have even had some nice warm days at the park......

It all started out so innocent.


Things took a turn for the worse.



Eventually I gave up on her clothes all together.

She fell face fist into the mud.

 


 This is what Ellie's bad influence can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment