Only seven more days until Christmas. I can not believe how excited I am. I think it is even better being the parent with the anticipation of seeing your children’s excitement, then it is being a child excited to see your own gifts Christmas morning. At least I can't remember another Christmas that I was so anxious for. The kids are so excited and I can’t wait to see them run out of their rooms Christmas morning.
We have been passing the time with lots of Christmas crafts. Our tree is starting to run out of places to hang all of the kid’s home made ornaments(or ORGAMENTS as Hudsons calls them). It makes me smile every time I look at it. We have also been making a ridiculous amount of treats. The kids love helping me make them and we all enjoy eating them. "Tis the Season, Right!?" I have decided that since I have been wearing my "maternity jeans" so long, and it doesn't look like that is going to be changing anytime soon, I should just start calling them my "jeans".
The highlight of the kid’s week was going to ride on the State College "Polar Express". It was a community activity that started at the library where the kids were read "The Polar Express", which is one of Hudson favorite books. After the story, the kids were given a bell and a ride on a trolley that took them a few blocks to the "North Pole", where they got to meet Santa and pick out a toy from his work shop. The kids were entranced!
![]() |
| This Santa is not nearly as cute as my Grandpa Clause back in Blanding! |
My heart is a little bit broken as I just went to my camera and discovered that I shot a weeks worth of pictures with no memory card in it. Just another one of the many ditzy occurrences in my everyday life. At least I have this one scan to share from the photo the kids got with Santa at our Polar Express outing.
The highlight of my week is that Jake finished his last final this week, marking the completion of another semester. This semseter was a busy one and it is nice to have it behind us.

No comments:
Post a Comment