The rest of our weekend was slightly more peaceful. We received church callings. Jake is in the activities committee and I get to teach CTR 4. Monday was our ward picnic at the park. Jake signed me up to bring a dozen cinnamon rolls. I used a recipe that said it would make 18 and ended up with 60!!! I'm still not sure how that happened. It was our own version of loaves and fishes!!! HA HA It was fun to meet more people with young families in our ward. State College is the #1 singles city in America. I feel like the only time we are around people with kids is at church activies. I can go to Walmart and have the only children in the entire store. Its really strange.
I swore we were done with the pool, but as Tuesday rolled around my heart had softened and we were ready and excited to play in the water again. Sadly when we arrived at the gate we found it locked with a sign that read "pool closed for the season". Hudson was heart broken. Big sad tears rolled down his cheeks all the way home. I felt so bad I almost cried as well. Part of me wanted to tell him it was closed because of the stroller incident, but I decided that was just too mean. Instead I told him we would try to find a new pool somewhere in town.
On Thursday we hiked Mt Nittany with some of our new friends. Well they call it a mountain, but it looks more like a hill to me. We climbed 600 vertical feet in .7 of a mile. Hudson fell about 600 times in .7 of a mile as well. We planned to have a picnic after the hike. We underestimated just how long it would take to hike with our little ones and ended up picnicking in the moon light. It was still a whole lot of fun. This is really a beautiful place. We are so excited to explore it.
whats that? did you pick up a new kid on your hike?? so fun! now I'll have someone to play dress up with when you come back for christmas
ReplyDeletehahahahaha
Ha Ha Hudson needed a big sister. Thats our friends cute little girl.
ReplyDelete