Monday, March 14, 2011

Not So Springy Break

This morning Ellie will not leave my lap so I get to see how long it will take me to type a post with her help.  With one hand on the keyboard and another dedicated to bating away her attempts at pushing the power button this might be an all day project. 

After weeks of looking forward to it, spring break has come and gone. Although, "Winter" break would have been a much more accurate name for it, because spring was nowhere to be seen. Come to think of it "break" isn't a very good description either since Jake kept roughly the same hours up at campus. Actually, the best part of the last two weeks was having Gram Wendy come visit for a week. We didn't get out for many adventures due to weather and my feeling awful, but she did a wonderful job of keeping my kids entertained so I could rest on some of the sickest days I have had this pregnancy. It was such a blessing to have her help. She put in a lot of hours playing trains and reading books and it was sure appreciated.

We did take one day trip to Harrisburg the state capital to visit the state museum.  Harrisburg is a beautiful and historic city with really neat old building, but I guess everything in Pennsylvania is old because I find myself describing all of its cities that way.  Since Hershey was only twenty minutes away we also swung by chocolate world on our way home.  I was so sick and exhausted by the time we got to chocolate world I didn't even think about getting pictures.  Of coarse the kids had a great time.  Who doesn't love free chocolate?!?

You would have thought we were on a train quest as we looked through all three levels of the museum.  Hudson was able to detect them in even the smallest of displays.  This was the biggest of the trains he found.  I was surprised he didn't try to get Gram Wendy to purchase it for him.
Hudson with William Penn
Ellie got in a little mutton bustin practice in the children's section of the museum.

We had to pry Hudson away from yet another train table.


We actually went sledding during spring break.  Its just felt wrong!  Especially after overhearing college kids talk about the warm beachy areas they were going to be heading to.  The snow was so deep it kept stopping the sled.  I think we might have crashed more then we sled but the kids still thought they were having a great time.

It looks sunny, but it was really really cold.

We were sure sad to see Gram Wendy go.  The kids had so much fun playing with her and I got a taste at what it must be like to have a nanny.  Thanks again Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment