Monday, February 28, 2011

I was wrong

When I predicted that this week would certainly have to be better then last, I was wrong. Colds turned into sinus and ear infections, and we have been stuck at home even more then last week. Hudson has gotten better but Ellie and I just can’t get over whatever super bug infected us. I feel so bad for the kids when we can't go anywhere to play; although, after this morning, I may never leave the house again.

We woke to pouring rain, so we all loaded into the car to give Jake a ride up to campus. Ellie seemed to be feeling much better, so I told Hudson I would take them to play at the “Chicken Store”. The "Chicken Store" is what Hudson calls Chick Filet and it is the only place in town that has in indoor play area. I thought after a long week of being trapped in the house the kids would really enjoy some run around play time, not to mention, all that was required of me was to sit and watch. It seemed like a great idea, but I was wrong. Within five minutes, Ellie managed to cover not only herself but a large portion of the chicken store in vomit. I had to strap a screaming vomit soaked Ellie into a high chair while I spent nearly thirty minutes cleaning up her awful mess. I will say this, I have never been so thankful for a stuffy nose. Had I been able to smell, I would have likely contributed to the mess.


This week has got to be better right?!? Gram Wendy is coming on Wednesday to spend the week with us. We are so excited! I just hope we don’t get her sick!


Fortunetly Ellie loves medicine.  She actually cries when she can't have any more. 

Hudson was very excited to show me how he had dressed himself just like Nephi! 
I don't think Nephi's hair was quite as crazy though.

1 comment: