Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers


Today I walked outside to find a glorious warm breeze greeting me. It is lunch time and already 75 degrees outside, but after a week in the 30’s and 40’s it feels like 90 to me.  I’m just hoping the rain holds off long enough for Ellie to wake up from her nap so we can head up to the park for some kite flying.  Hudson has been asking to fly kites everyday for a week and we have had rain everyday.  One day it hit while we were at the park with our friends.  The kids thought it was such fun running home in the rain, but I just thought it was cold.





Ellie has had an ear infection that we just can’t seem to get rid of.  One day last week I took her in to have it checked after another round of antibiotic.  During her check up the doctor thought he heard some wheezing when she breathed and asked me to stay and try a breathing treatment with her.  They brought back a noisy mask that put out a vapor she was supposed to breath.  After 15 minutes of wrestling her and listening to her scream I wasn't sure if she had inhaled any of the mist at all.  I told the nurse I was sure happy I didn't have to do that very often.  I guess I jinxed myself with those words, because the doctor ended of diagnosing her with reactive airway disease.  It is a form of asthma that it aggravated with colds.  So now we have to give her breathing treatments four times a day whenever she is sick.  She sure fought it at first, but has gotten much better at tolerating the treatments as long as I put on a show she likes for her to watch. 

Aside from Ellie’s new ailment, everything is going great.  The baby is getting bigger and stronger and is starting to make sure I know its there, with lots of good kicking I can now feel.  Jake is still busy with school as the semester is winding down.  Hudson keeps surprising me with all he is learning.  I have to watch what I say around him now, because he listens and remembers everything. 

Life is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment