Monday, April 18, 2011

Eggs is the Cupboard

I’m afraid this baby is stealing the majority of my brain cells. I keep finding myself doing absent minded things. For instance, I find the eggs in the cupboard and the crackers in the fridge. Or when Hudson found a permanent black marker and decided to redecorate his room, I could have sworn I put it in a safe place. However, the next day he brought it to me and told me “I found this in my room, it is very bad.” Maybe my forgetfulness is due to the exposure of marker and acetone fumes as I tried to undo his artistic alterations, or maybe its just baby brain. All I know is that I’m forgetting a lot lately.

We had a fun week. After what felt like weeks of constant rain the clouds parted long enough for us to go fly kites. Unfortunately, helping Hudson keep his kite in the air left no opportunity for pictures. He sure loved it! Thanks Aunt Jenny and Uncle Ross for the fun kites!!! This week was also the big blue and white scrimmage game, which is a huge three day celebration with a carnival, fireworks, and of coarse lots of tailgaters. Sadly it rained hard all weekend and since we are not die hard fans…as of yet, we didn’t get out for many of the festivities. The rain did stop long enough for us to take the kids up for one of the firework shows, and we were all pretty excited to see them.

To one little guy the big blue and white game was greatly over shadowed this weekend by the Penn State model train clubs annual open house. The whole bottom level of a residence hall has been set aside for these students to basically play with their model trains, and one day a year they invite the public in to come see their elaborate models. Hudson thought it was paradise. I must say that after meeting some of the clubs members I am praying that Hudson grows out of his train obsession at an appropriate age. It was a little creepy!


No comments:

Post a Comment