This week we got to take another trip to Corning, New York with Jake. Jake spent the afternoon in meetings while the kids and I set out for a little adventure hike. We found a trail head that lead into a densely forested area and made our way through the trees until we came to beautiful little pond. By that time the weather had really warmed up, so we took off our shoes and spent the afternoon splashing in the water and catching salamanders. While at the pond we were visited by huge geese, deer, squirrels, and chipmunks. If Jake had been able to be with us it would have been a perfect afternoon. Even without him we had lots of fun and the kids loved getting really muddy.
On Saturday I got to go with some friends to stake women’s conference. It was fun to have a day with the girls and even more fun to leave the kids with Jake a good portion of the day. I think Jake enjoyed it as did I. He took the kids to a service project run by the landscape architecture department at a local school elementary school. The project was to paint a sundial and some planets on their playground. Luckily the project was at a playground so while daddy worked the kids had a lot of room and equipment to play on. They had a lot of fun and felt the free pizza for lunch was worth the trip. Ellie ate at least two slices herself. The best part of the day was getting to come home and find my three favorite people waiting with hugs for me.
Jake has officially finished his first year of Grad school. Hooray! I feel so proud of him. He worked really hard, and has been so busy this year, but has done such a good job of making time for the kids and I. He is just an amazing guy.
The kids and I are happy and well. This week Hudson completed and passed off a swimming level. He is the youngest kid in his swimming class and it has been so fun to watch him learn to swim. I got the results back on my blood glucose test and they all came back normal, so I do not have gestational diabetes. We all celebrated the good news by eating lots of ice cream! Ellie is still doing a good job of keeping our house full of smiles and laughter. All in all we couldn’t be better!
| While Mommy's away the boys get to play! (I guess if you are a little boy bicycle maintenance is considered play.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment