Thursday, July 21, 2011

Long Nights

Today I am having a hard time remembering what we have been up to for the last week. Either the heat or the pregnancy must be getting to my head. It has been so hot and humid and has not rained in the last month since we have been back. Since grass typically doesn’t need to be watered in this area it is laid everywhere without any type of sprinklers or irrigation systems. In result the town is covered in dead yellow grass. Honestly the only green grass left is the football practice field. It’s really crazy.

We had our first uninvited guest this week. Late one night Jake and I were sitting in the living room when a little gray mouse ran across the floor. I was more then a little creeped out. Jake ran across the street to the store to get some traps and set up quite an arsenal against our fury guest. Within the hour we were laying in bed when we heard the mouse in the trap. Thankfully Jake took care of it, because as much as I wanted in out of our apartment I was sure sad we had to kill it. My Dad would be so disappointed to know his flesh and blood felt sad about killing something as simple as a mouse.

The big event of the week was definitely moving Ellie and Hudson into the same room. We were going to wait until her birthday but the kids were so excited about it we decided to move her early. The first few nights were pretty long. The kids were so excited that getting them to fall asleep was quite a challenge. Although we all got pretty tired Jake and I loved watching them enjoy each other so much, even though they were being a little naughty. The last two nights have gone much better, so they are either so tired that hey don’t have the energy to keep each other awake or they are getting used to being together.

Ellie's bed head after her first night in her big girl bed.  What was she doing in there?!?

Happy Little Roommates!


Jake has been teasing me about nesting.
 I have been quite preoccupied with getting everything ready for Autumn's arrival.
Nine weeks really isn't that far away.
Thank goodness!
 

Hudson climbed in this box and asked us to mail him to his family in Utah.
Too bad its not that easy....and cheap!

Our days of spending the afternoon at the park are over for now.  Its just gotten too hot.  We spend most of our time swimming at the pool, going to Whipple Dam or enjoying the wonder of air conditioning. 

Ellie's mattress box has come in handy.



I don't know what I would do if the kids didn't love swimming, since we go every single day. Hudson is getting pretty good as swimming without a life jacket, although he always wants to wear his super man suit so he doesn't get to practice as much as I would like.  My silly kids are growing up too fast.  In a little over a week Ellie will be two! In about a month Hudson will be getting on a school bus and going to school.  We better just enjoy every minute!

1 comment:

  1. I hate those hot summer days! And I think Morgan is going to have that crazy nest in the morning too.

    ReplyDelete