Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lots of Love


We have had a week full of love. Jake and I celebrated our sixth anniversary. It was so fun this week to focus on how grateful we are for one another and try to think of ways to express it. I had no idea when I married him just how happy our life would be together. I also had no idea that I would love him even more with time. Meeting Jake sent me down a path of happiness that I had no understanding for, and I truly know that only a heavenly father who knew me personally and loved me could have given me such a gift. If Jake had been all I got out of the deal I would have eternally grateful; but the addition of our wonderful children and the happiness and joy they bring is a blessing beyond my own capacity of expression. I have spent a lot of time this week quietly watching these people I love and feeling blown away by how my feelings for them grow everyday. I feel as though my heart could explode. I can’t even imagine how much I will love them all in
another six years.

We also celebrated our funny little Ellie's 2nd birthday! Unfortunately her two year molars decided that they would make their appearance for the big day as well. She has been pretty miserable this week due to them. We did our best to make it as fun a day as possible even though she wasn’t her normal happy self. We decorated the house with streamers and balloons, and set out her presents like Christmas morning. She loves animals and bugs so we decorated cup cakes with candy to look like butterflies and bugs. She was a pretty excited little thing when she came out of her room and saw it all, but I think Jake and I enjoyed it more then she did. The anniversary of the arrival of our sweet little girl was definitely worth celebrating. We are so lucky to have her, and she makes everyday special!










Her birthday must have worn her out, she sure crashed fast.





We enjoyed more time exploring Pennsylvania.  I am really enjoying this summer. We have been able to spend so much time in beautiful places.  The best part is that everywhere we go there is a lake to swim in!
Yesterday we headed out to map some trails at a State Park Jake is preparing to study.  The weather was a little overcast and we could see some lightening off in the distance, but it looked like it was blowing over quickly.  We were so wrong. As we pulled up into the park the storm hit. Large quarter sized hail pelted our car to the point I thought it would crack our windshield.  I was honestly a little scared, I had never seen such big hail. The temperature went from 92 to 65 in just a few minutes. Even as the hail started to subside, there was so many lightening bolts cracking all around us that we decided it was better not to get out of the car. It was quite an experience.  I just wish I could have gotten a picture of the hail.







My little explorers.






The cutest grad student I know!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Ellie! and Happy Anniversary Jake and Jen!

    ReplyDelete