Thursday, January 19, 2012

Desperately seeking SNOW!!!


♫♫Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....Please. How sad is this? The kids are so desperate to go sledding they sit in their sleds in the house. Meanwhile, outside the window our hill awaits, covered in lovely green grass. All they can talk about is how they are going to make snow men and go sledding and drink hot cocoa. Every morning they run from their beds yelling “did it snow, did it snow?” Each time, they let out huge sighs of disappointment to see the green grass taunting them once again.  I know one of these days it will actually snow, and you can bet it will be quite a festive day at our house when it does.

  The kids got a big shock this week when we had a knock at the door and found Gram Wendy standing on the other side.  Jake and I knew she was coming but we let the kids be surprised.  They were overjoyed and had a lot of fun playing with her.  They even got to have a “slumber party” where they all camped out in the living room one of the nights. Judging by how grumpy they were the next day, I’m guessing they had a lot of fun and not much sleep.  I think Gram Wendy might need to sleep for the next week straight just to get caught up from a few days at our house.  It was so nice to have her visit and we were all sad to see her go.

Another fun surprise came when I took Hudson to his first swim lesson on Saturday.  It had been about nine months since he had been in swim lessons and when his teacher saw how well he was swimming they moved him into the advanced class. He is a few years younger then the other kids in his class and when he stands next to them he only comes up to about their shoulders. He looks so stinkin cute! I was so proud of him, and it was fun to see him be so proud of himself.  It was such a fun feeling to share his accomplishment with him.  No wonder parents can't help but brag about their children. What an awesome little man he is!



Autumn started to giggle for the first time this week.  If heaven were a sound, it would sound like her laugh. She is still a little stingy with it though.  I haven't been able to recreate yet for Jake, and I know he is sad to have missed it.  He is once again very busy. Although he has less classes this semester, he has twice as much teaching responsibilities, plus his thesis to finish, and job hunting to dive into. The next few weeks he is also participating in some landscape architecture competition involving urban land reclamation.  I don't know a lot about it, except it seems to require a lot of his "spare" time, ha ha. If anyone knows how to get the most out of their time it is Jake.  We are sure lucky to have him. 

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read your blog I'm either crying or laughing, often both. We love you guys and miss you. Tell our sweet nieces and nephew to stop growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete