Saturday Jake got to go to Stake Priesthood meeting. It was an hour away, so he was gone most of the day. They fed the men ice cream, so Jake was happy with the outing! While he was gone, I took the kids into town to buy a web cam. While there, Ellie stopped my heart by finding a way to lock herself in the car with my keys. Thank goodness my wonderful Jake had a key attached to the bottom of the car for just such an occasion. Did I mention Jake is awesome!!!
On Sunday we stayed home so the kids could get lots of rest and keep our colds to ourselves. Hudson was really sad that he didn't get to go to church and play with his "new friends". We set up the web cam and the kids really enjoyed being able to see and talk to some of our family members on Skype.
On Monday Jake slept for 14 hours straight. He was in some sort of NyQuil comma. The kids and I have settled into a pretty good routine. We get up, have breakfast, get dressed, and get out of the house before it gets too hot. Hudson rides his bike and I push Ellie in the stroller up the hill to Tudek park behind our house. The park is huge and we can do lots of fun things there. We wear ourselves out riding the trails that run throughout the park. Hudson says "good morning, I have a yellow tractor bike" to every person we pass by.
The park also has a large butterfly garden that has walking paths running through it. It is full of flowering plants that tower over our heads. Hudson gets so excited when we spot butterflies. I love sharing the activity with him, since I have such special memories of hunting for butterflies with grandma Mabel.
Ellie loves the park because we always see "kee kee's" (Ellie's word for just about any animal). We always see lots of people with dogs, but the thing the kids love most of all, are the hoses that live at the park. Hudson loves to feed them. Ellie gets so excited and goes crazy trying to touch them. Today we were in a hurry to get home, so we passed by the horses without stopping to visit. Ellie, was not pleased. She gave me the business most of the ways home.
The other thing we do everyday is go to the pool. Its a little stressful trying to keep both of them from drowning, but they love it so much its worth the stress. Hudson is getting so dark and tan, and Elliie is still white as can be with her fair skin. This week has been so hot and humid in the middle of the day, going to the pool is about the only thing to do outside.
All and all things are going really well. We have made a few friends and are getting more comfortable here. We are really happy, but I think we would be happy anywhere. Our life is just so great and we are so blessed.
| "I snug Elmo" This week Elmo has been Hudson's best friend. |
So cute! Totally jealous that Ellie is walking - we can't get Kohler to do anything (even for food - which is not like him!!)
ReplyDeleteSo good to see you guys are settling in! Fisher loves this...today he wanted to buy "Hudson's granola bars", so we did!
ReplyDelete