Happy Halloween Everyone. I was pretty heartbroken I couldn't bring my little ones to knock on all your doors, so I tried to re-create it for you. As you can see in the pictures and videos we had two little dragons this year. Hudson had his heart set on being a dinosaur though, so we let him believe that he was one.
Due to a home football game this weekend, State College decided to celebrate Halloween on Thursday. I was so excited to take the kids and watch Hudson's excitement upon realizing that all he had to do was knock on a door to receive a sugary treat. To my great disappointment, Ellie had a bad night from what I think was teething. After a continuous hour of crying I put her to bed and sent the boys out to the tasty wonderland without me. They were able to pair up with some of Hudson's friends, and had a great time without us. Hudson was quite timid at first, but quickly got into the spirit of things leading the group of neighborhood children as fast as his little "Dragonsoarous" feet could carry him. After each door he would turn to Jake and say "Just one more house?" He was so excited even late that night as I was falling a sleep I could hear him laying in bed talking about all his candy.
The next night was the ward Trunk or Treat. Ellie was in better spirits thankfully because she looked so cute in her costume it would have been a waste if she hadn't gotten to use it. Hudson was thrilled to be able to get even more candy. We had a lot of fun. We certainly had the cutest kids there! *Wink*
For all those back home who have been participating in the deer hunt you will be surprised to know that I also decided to participate in the deer hunt this year. In fact, I snagged myself a pretty good sized one, an eight point to be exact. Well... eight legs anyway. I found a DEER TICK... IN MY HEAD!!! Not cool considering they have Lyme disease out here. We had never experienced this before and were a little unsure of the best way to take it out. We received lots of advice about putting alcohol or ointments on it to make them suffocate and pull out or burning their butts so that they pull out. We called the clinic here and they said I needed to come in and get an antibiotic going due to the Lyme disease. So to set the record straight all this advice is wrong. The doctor told us you are just supposed to slowly pull it out with tweezers. He also informed us that when you try these other remedies it only aggravates the tick and makes it vomit into the womb. I'm still so creaped out!!! Not to mention I still run a chance of having Lyme disease. So I have found one thing I don't like about Pennsylvania.
This made me miss you guys so much! I wish you were here and our cute kids could be in a picture together! Cousins! It will be great to see you in December. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete