It’s funny how things seem to make so much more sense in hindsight.
Due to the weather and sick kids, we have gotten out of the house a little, although not as much as I would have liked. Consequently, I have spent quite a bit of time curled up on the couch watching movies with the kids. When I found myself crying through the little mermaid I really didn't think much of it although I knew I was being weird. A few days later when a date I had planned with Jake got suddenly messed up, I spent the evening sobbing on the couch uncontrollably. Between my sobs I tried to apologize for my strange behavior. I just couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. Jake teased me that I was acting like I was pregnant and we laughed about it, not thinking it was possible. I decided to take a test to put the joke to rest. To my surprise it came out positive. So although it’s now clear that I won’t be feeling any better anytime soon, at least I understand why I have been so strange. I’m not excited to have another three months of being emotionally impaired and nauseous, but I am terribly excited that we will be adding another member to our, maybe not so little, family. I couldn’t ask for a more special valentines gift then to find out we will have one more sweet little thing to love. I feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful surprise.
The day finally came! Ellie had her first official day of nursery on Sunday. She loves it and runs right in excited to play and sing songs. She is such a funny little thing. Speaking of funny little things. These days Hudson insists on dressing himself. Although there is a 50 50 chance to get things on right, I feel like he almost always manages to put things on backwards. This is how he looks on a typical day. Funny Guy!
In just the amount of time it took me to write this, our sunshine is gone and the wind is back. Ohh well, its still a wonderful day!


Congrats, Jake and Jen. One more little Powell baby to love!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! How exciting
ReplyDelete