Monday, February 21, 2011

A Rough Week

What a week!
I was just thinking it has been a while since the kids have given me an interesting story to share. Hudson must have read my mind, because the very next day he did in fact have a note worthy incident. Hudson has swimming lessons three times a week and often times I swim with Ellie while he is with his class. On Thursday we prepared to do just this. As I entered the pool with both kids Hudson's teacher grabbed my attention to ask me a question. As I talked with his teacher Ellie made a run for the ramp that leads into the pool. She already had her life jacket on so I wasn't terribly concerned, but I quickly made my way over to her and scooped her up into my arms. To my surprise she was not the child I should have been worried about. I looked back to where I had left Hudson only to see a soaking wet life guard and my little guy sobbing hysterically. I guess Hudson had decided to jump into the pool all by himself without any type of floatation device. Neither his teacher nor I even saw him in the water! He was fine, and received quite a few reminders of the rules from his teacher and me, but I will admit I was shaking for the next 30 min at the pool. Hopefully we all got a good reminder of just how careful we need to be around water.

Aside from our near drowning, this week should have been a good one. We had two days in the 60's! How amazing is that! It felt heavenly, and we even got to get out and ride our bikes a little. However, this week has been the pits. I've been dealing with nausea, dizziness, and weird pregnancy pains, plus the kids and I have colds that just won’t go away! I don't know what weird Pennsylvania cold bug is out here but I do know we have had awful coughs and runny noses for far too long! Sometimes the kids cough so hard it makes them puke. I even had the rare luck of getting puked on this week.  If that's not a joy of parenthood I don't know what is. The one good thing about Jake being so busy, is that he hasn't been here enough to catch it. Lucky guy!

Saturday was a particularly bad day. I woke up feeling especially awful and knowing Jake needed to spend the day up at the university, I racked my brain for ways to keep the kids happy that would allow me to move as little as possible. I decided it would probably be a lay around, watch movies and read books kind of day. However, not too far into the morning our power went out, and it stayed out the entire day! It was cold and windy and I felt too sick to go anywhere, so we were trapped in our house. I hadn't realized just how dependent I have gotten on the TV to entertain the kids when I don't feel like playing with them. I also, didn't realize just how quickly our apartment would get cold without our heater. BRRR! Needless to say, that night when the power finally came back we were happy to see it.

Jake also suffered this week on a field trip to Pittsburgh. In the true fashion of how this week has gone, his bus got two flat tires and left the group stranded for six hours. He made the most of it by getting a bunch of reading done, but it made for a long day.

I think it is fare to say, next week will be better.

Although its no fun to have sick kids, we do enjoy the extra cuddles we get.

Hudson loves to tell people about how he was so sick he went "BLAHH."
As the person who gets to clean up the "Blahh" I don't find it quite as humerus.

Hudson told me this morning that Jesus is going to come again, so that he could play trains with Hudson.
I'm not sure what his primary teachers are teaching him, but he was really excited to tell me this.

No comments:

Post a Comment