This winter we have been lucky to be so healthy. I think back on last winter and I don't believe we made it even a two week stretch from September to May without someone being sick with one thing or another. I have felt so blesses that this winter we have been so illness free. Lately however, I have watched all of my friends become sentenced to the confinement of having sick children, and I knew that our healthy days were numbered. We hung in there for a lot longer then I thought, but I'm pretty sure that Chuck-e-Cheese was an epicenter for infectious diseases, and no body is strong enough to fight the germs of that many children confined in such a small space. Sadly my little Ellie has been claimed as the first victim. She has spent the past week with a really bad cold. It's always sad to see one of the kids sick, but for a few days every time she coughed it would cause her to throw up and that was about as awful as it sounds.
On top of feeling aweful, she has also been really sad to not get to go with Hudson to all the fun things she usually tags a long for. Thankfully it has been warm enough to go out for walks so we have been able to make a few trips up to feed the horses who live nearby. She sure loves "ponies" right now, although I wish she was a little less fearless when it comes to feeding them. Sometimes she is so busy trying to get the food to them I'm scared she is going to lose a finger or two. They do really cheer her up, so compared to happiness, I guess fingers aren't all that important. Ha Ha (I wish there was a text to identify that I am in fact joking.)
![]() |
| Almost 5 months old, and SO much fun! |
Due to Ellie's cold, we have had to spend more time at home without the distraction of friends this week. Hudson has been practicing his older brother antagonist skills. When he found this water gun that also shoots small plastic balls in my cabinet I knew it was a recipe for disaster. Ellie filled the role of the over dramatic little sister quite well herself.
![]() |
| How I view Hudson |
![]() |
| How Ellie views Hudson |
Hudson and Jake got out for a boys night to do a little climbing.
Hudson was pretty proud of his spider man skills.




No comments:
Post a Comment