Thursday, March 22, 2012

St Patricks Day

Last year I completely forgot all about St Patricks day. Its not a terribly important holiday to us, but I was really sad I had missed a chance to do something fun and holiday related for the kids. This year I was sure not to forget. During the night we were visited by Leprechauns. They played tricks on us by turning a number of things green and leaving their funny little green foot prints everywhere. They also left us a set of clues that would lead us to their pot of gold. The kids thought it was great, and I had fun adding pureed spinach to all of their food to turn it green. The weather was nice that day so we enjoyed laying in the grass searching for four leaf clovers. The kids even enjoyed the dinner of corned beef and cabbage I made. Although I wasn't too crazy about it.

Jake made up the treasure hunt clues and delivered them with his not so authentic Irish accent.  It makes me smile just remembering it. I love him so!

Each clue that was discovered made the kids even more excited.



Who wouldn't be excited to find this pot of gold?





I realized I haven't taken many photos of Autumn the past few weeks.  She is sure doing a good job of growing.  She is just the perfect chubby little baby.  I love to snuggle her like a cuddly teddy bear.



Ellie must have the most amazing dreams, she always seems to wake up with the silliest hair.  One morning she walked out of her room with this bouffant hair. She must have been dreaming about the 1960's.


1 comment:

  1. I think Ellie and Morgan have the exact same hair type. Morgan's hair is crazy every time she wakes up, gets out of the car seat, or out of the stroller...And chubby Autumn is so cute! Just look at those legs!

    ReplyDelete