Three little kids are snuggled up tight in their beds and Jake is off doing splits with the missionaries, so I finally have a moment to write. I have gotten really behind on sleep this week and have enjoyed the past few days with migraines. I just took a sleeping pill to force myself into getting a little shut eye. My goal is to report the past few weeks before my head gets too fuzzy as I am quite overdue.
By this time next week my little brother Chaze will be a missionary. I’m so happy for him that he will get to have this experience. It has been sad to not be able to be there to see him off…..not to mention the big pit barbecue I’m missing out on, ha ha. I really wish I could be there to sit around the fire and spend time with all my family. It will be a long time until we can all be together again, but I couldn’t be happier for Chaze. Last night we were able to video chat with him, so that the kids could see him and say goodbye. Technology is such a blessing. I just wish there was a way to send hugs as well. The people of Houston Texas have no idea how lucky they are to be getting such a great guy.
 |
"Tamalada"
After talking with other friends from the west about how we missed Mexican food, I decided I wanted to make tamales. Making them is quite a lengthy process. I figured it would be a fun project to do with some friends; so we hosted a tamale making party. The kids all enjoyed playing together while the moms got to chat and make tamales. Hours and hours later everyone went home with a large bag of tamales, and my freezer is stuffed full of the tasty little things. I think my apartment is going to smell like Mexican food for at least a month. |
 |
Some people might not think that goggles are required for baths.
These people do not bath with Hudson and Ellie. |
As well as practicing his deep sea diving, Hudson has been obsessed with space. We started by studying the phases of the moon and it has ignited a huge fascination with outer space. It has been fun for me because I loved astronomy as a kid. He loves to turn his toys into diagrams of the solar system, with the
nine planets revolving around the sun. Tonight he was really concerned about why Pluto is not a planet anymore. "Poor poor Pluto", he told me." "Now he has to be a dwarf." Tomorrow the moon with be full. We have been counting it down for almost two weeks now and you would think a celebrity was coming the kids are so excited.
 |
| Hudson's cautious riding didn't last for long. He is back to dare devil tactics. I caught this picture of he and Ellie being so true to their own characters today. Hudson is riding his bike and drinking at the same time. Ellie was fascinated with her shadow and chased it all over the park. Ohh I love them! |
 |
| Hello Ellie |
 |
For about a week everyone but Jake was pretty sick. We spent a lot of time in jamies laying around the house. Little Autumn was such a sad sick little slug. Fortunately she is feeling much better and back to her smiley sweet little self,
as are the rest of us. |
Autumn is so rollie pollie, and not just her chubbiness. She started rolling over last week. Its been so fun to watch her. I can see how proud of herself she is each time she does it. She also got her first freckle, which I'm sure with the genes she has, will be the first of many.
Ahhhh time for bed! Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment